Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I bought 8 iPads to my employees for work (and only work). Is there a way I can block them to download apps without my permission?

Hi, I bought 8 iPads to my employees for work (and only work). Is there a way I can block them to download apps without my permission?

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 8:00 AM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2022 7:16 AM in response to gal261

Hi gal261,

Family Sharing is an option, but keep in mind you can only have 5 users set up in a Family Sharing group so it would depend on how you want to set it up. This link has some great details on Family Sharing: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

As another possibility, you could turn restrictions on and turn off the "Installing Apps" switch using the steps below: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

"Prevent iTunes & App Store purchases 

You can also prevent your child from being able to install or delete apps, make in-app purchases, and more. To prevent iTunes & App Store purchases or downloads:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. 
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap iTunes & App Store Purchases.
  4. Choose a setting and set to Don't Allow.

You can also change your password settings for additional purchases from the iTunes & App Store or Book Store. Follow steps 1-3, then choose Always Require or Don't Require."

We hope this is helpful. Take care.

[Edited by Moderator]

Aug 20, 2022 11:51 AM in response to gal261

Hi gal261,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you'd like to be able to manage your employees iPads so they only download apps approved by you. We'd like to help.

When you purchased your iPads, did you do that through Apple's Business or Education group? These were some ways you could have purchased them: Apple at Work. If you did, you can contact them to get some support on mobile device management: Intro to mobile device management

Let us know how that goes.

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.