Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem upgrading from Mavericks to Catalina

So I had some problems with my 2012 Mac Mini and decided to do a re-install. That went wrong totally so I decided to make a full reinstall with the online tool. This means I have Mavericks on my system again now. Now I want to reinstall Catalina but I am countering a new problem.

When updating apple asks for my ID and password. But of course my Apple ID has two step verification now but the old Mavericks system is not compatible with that! So even entering the right password it still says it’s wrong because there’s no option to fill in a verification code. Now I am unable to install a newer and safe MacOS version on my Mac Mini.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 11:56 AM

Hey there, pimmes! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

When logging in, you will want to log in using your current password and receive the code. Once you have the code, enter your password followed by the code in the password field.

Kindest regards. 

Similar questions

1 reply

Problem upgrading from Mavericks to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.