Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Avast Premium Security and Clean my Mac X

Hi I would need to have an answer concerning running those 2 applications on my Apple Mac 2012 Mojave as System, because sometimes I am getting some unexpected crashes and I thought probably is due because I have 2 Antivirus. Soon my Avast Premium will expire and I would like just to keep Clean My MacX hoping I will get less crashes. Thanks for your advices.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 4:43 PM

macOS already has great built-in security. Combine it with practicing safe computing habits and you should be fine (or at least you minimize the chance of problems).

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

4 replies

Aug 19, 2022 3:32 PM in response to gambarot

Never install any app that claims to "tune up", "speed up" or "clean up" your Mac. These apps exist for one reason: to separate the unwary and inexperienced user from their hard-earned money. At best they do very little, at worst, they can damage your OS installation and cause far more problems than they "solve".

Avast Premium Security and Clean my Mac X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.