Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access a very old iTunes account that I no longer have the email address or log in info for? I don't have itunes installed on my current PC and only have my current apple log-in for my iphone. Can't find any answers for this!

I no longer have/remember my old email or log-in that was associated with my iPod iTunes account (early 2000's?). I'd like to be able to retrieve this information so I can back up my iPhone to it. Obviously my new apple id/log-in is tied to my current iPhone and is different from the old iTunes one. The research that I've done doesn't bring up any info on how to retrieve/access. Hope someone can help with this!!!

iPod Nano (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 12:38 PM

5 replies

Aug 21, 2022 1:32 PM in response to cary282

cary282,

Thanks for providing those additional details. We understand how important it is to locate you previous Apple IDs; however, the steps provided in the previous resource, as well as the steps listed below from this additional resource, would provide the best assistance for help with locating your previous Apple IDs: If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

See if you're already signed in with your Apple ID
Check to see if you're signed in on your device, or check if you're signed in to Apple apps or services.

On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch
Tap Settings, then tap your name.

On your Mac
Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.

On your PC
Open iCloud for Windows, then look for your Apple ID under your name. 

Other ways to find your Apple ID
You can check if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen. 
FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

Check your inbox for emails from Apple
In some emails from Apple, the email might include your Apple ID. Here it's in parentheses and highlighted.
Your Apple ID might be included in some emails from Apple. Search your inbox for receipts as well as repair, support, or billing emails from Apple.
If your email address is masked (k*****@icloud.com), the number of asterisks might not match the number of characters in your email address. 

If still unable to locate your previous Apple IDs using the steps provided above, then we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly from this link here: Get Support - Apple

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

Aug 21, 2022 11:25 AM in response to Sean_B1

The reply I got doesn't help find my FORMER email/password to my iTunes account. I had problems with it at one time so may have been shut out from using it??? This was back in the 2000s!

The help you gave only relates to my CURRENT apple email/log-in so doesn't apply at all to my problem!!! I need someone to find my account for iTunes, based on prior email addresses. I may have had 2 or 3 different ones in the past 20 years. I can remember one but probably not the others. If you need the one I remember to attempt access, let me know. Again, not sure if it was the one tied to the iTunes account???!!!

How do I access a very old iTunes account that I no longer have the email address or log in info for? I don't have itunes installed on my current PC and only have my current apple log-in for my iphone. Can't find any answers for this!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.