Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Preference doesn't show OS update option

I'm running Monterey 12.3. I have checked available updates over and over. As of today 8/19 it says I am up to date. How can I get 12.5.1?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:58 PM

Novice3416 wrote:

Too techy of an answer for me. Don't use nor know how to use the terminal app. Tried downloading Monterey from app store ... still searching for update an hour later.

Reboot your machine and try again your Software Update.

restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 3:58 PM in response to Novice3416

Novice3416 wrote:

Too techy of an answer for me. Don't use nor know how to use the terminal app. Tried downloading Monterey from app store ... still searching for update an hour later.

Reboot your machine and try again your Software Update.

restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 19, 2022 2:36 PM in response to Novice3416

Novice3416 wrote:

I'm running Monterey 12.3. I have checked available updates over and over. As of today 8/19 it says I am up to date. How can I get 12.5.1?

It is always good to stay current— since you are still on 12.3 I would download the full installer for 12.5.1

you can do this from Terminal.app copy and paste:

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.5.1

Full installer is ~12.1 GB

Once it is downloaded you can launch it from your Applications folder like any other app.

"Install macOS Monterey.app"

System Preference doesn't show OS update option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.