Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iPhone 6s to iOS15.6.1

In response to Apple's advice to update all our devices I want to update my wife's iPhone 6s to iOS15.6.1. However I am concerned it is a big leap for an old phone and may slow it down too much to make it unpleasant to use. Am I unnecessarily concerned?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:30 PM

Avoid this issue in the future by always updating Apple’s iOS at the earliest opportunity.

iOS updates provide important security updates (as in this latest update) as well as feature additions, enhancements, and defect repairs.

2 replies

Aug 21, 2022 3:12 PM in response to Robin Helmond

Yes, I have been remiss in upgrading the phone's OS. It is not used much, just when we go out, which is not that often these days.

The question remains, will the phone cope with the leap from iOS 12 to iOS 15? I have had some less than satisfactory experiences with upgrading past the hardware's capacity, despite Apple recommendations.

Updating iPhone 6s to iOS15.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.