Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPad doing this all of the sudden? (I’ve had it for 3 years by the way)

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 7:05 AM

Hi MysteriousPersonnn,

Apple products will start using more system storage as they get older. Hopefully Apple will change this (HINT HINT) For now, if you really need some extra storage, restart your device. Regular restarts seems to lower the storage that the system is taking.

Thank you, and if there’s anything else you need, just start a new conversation!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 7:05 AM in response to MysteriousPersonnn

Hi MysteriousPersonnn,

Apple products will start using more system storage as they get older. Hopefully Apple will change this (HINT HINT) For now, if you really need some extra storage, restart your device. Regular restarts seems to lower the storage that the system is taking.

Thank you, and if there’s anything else you need, just start a new conversation!

Why is my iPad doing this all of the sudden? (I’ve had it for 3 years by the way)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.