Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieving my music library

How can I download my music library in iTunes on Mac 10.6.8 to a memory stick without subscribing to Apple Music?

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 5:35 AM

You can copy locally stored media to a memory stick, by dragging and dropping from the iTunes interface to a folder in Finder. In more recent versions of iTunes/Music it may be necessary to use an intermediate folder on the desktop for example, or work completely within Finder. You should be able to download any unhidden past purchases that are currently stored in the cloud. If you're having problems downloading past purchases or accessing your iTunes account then it may be that Snow Leopard is now too old and cannot connect to the iTunes Store using modern security protocols. If this is the case you will need something newer, e.g. El Capitan or better, to access your purchase history.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 5:35 AM in response to Helpyt

You can copy locally stored media to a memory stick, by dragging and dropping from the iTunes interface to a folder in Finder. In more recent versions of iTunes/Music it may be necessary to use an intermediate folder on the desktop for example, or work completely within Finder. You should be able to download any unhidden past purchases that are currently stored in the cloud. If you're having problems downloading past purchases or accessing your iTunes account then it may be that Snow Leopard is now too old and cannot connect to the iTunes Store using modern security protocols. If this is the case you will need something newer, e.g. El Capitan or better, to access your purchase history.

tt2

Retrieving my music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.