Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID back

My apple ID was changed and I need to change it back, how do it do that?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 11:16 AM

Have you followed the steps in this article on all devices/computers? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 11:16 AM in response to Needphonehelp123

Have you followed the steps in this article on all devices/computers? Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *. 

Aug 19, 2022 9:54 PM in response to Needphonehelp123

Basically it is showing the unwanted email address (under settings as the apple ID) but using the password for Apple ID I want to use (not sure how that is ever possible) and anytime I try to change the email it just says verification failed, an unknown error occured. It shows online (when I log onto the computer) that it is using the correct email (apple ID - my old one for my phone, watch, and ipad). My ipad changed back to the correct one but the iphone and apple watch still show the old ID as my apple ID but accept the password for my old apple ID.

Change Apple ID back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.