Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I watch apple tv

I cannot get apple to let me watch their app. This is the most time and effort I have ever spent trying to view an app. I have put codes in 3 times. Tried 2 different emails. Nothing gets me past the How to Watch screen.

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 1:25 AM

On what device are you trying to watch in the Apple TV app?

I have put codes in 3 times.

What code?

Tried 2 different emails.

Just sign in with the Apple ID account the has the subscription or purchased content. Other email addresses aren’t valid. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Nothing gets me past the How to Watch screen.

The How to Watch message may appear on a few select devices that currently do not allow in-app transactions through the Apple TV app. The message says exactly how to proceed.

“2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device.” [2]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 1:25 AM in response to Mr_Happy69

On what device are you trying to watch in the Apple TV app?

I have put codes in 3 times.

What code?

Tried 2 different emails.

Just sign in with the Apple ID account the has the subscription or purchased content. Other email addresses aren’t valid. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Nothing gets me past the How to Watch screen.

The How to Watch message may appear on a few select devices that currently do not allow in-app transactions through the Apple TV app. The message says exactly how to proceed.

“2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device.” [2]

Aug 20, 2022 1:14 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I got it working at about 3am. I logged out of my Apple ID and signed back in, and then it stopped with the emails, and entering code after code after code. Something was wrong with Apple. I did everything right. It is a Fire TV. TV said to sign up online and online kept sending me emails to enter codes. Never ending loop, until I gave up and signed out of Apple. I never got an Apple ID until I Signed out and signed in again. I was stuck in the middle of getting the ID. Strange.

How do I watch apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.