You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update to Monterey problem

Did the security update for Monterey to both computers and on one of them all of a sudden the random selection of desktop background is gone. When I look, the file that I was using shows nothing in to - but of course you can see them in Photos. In fact, just about the only photo is one of my daughter. Other computer is just fine.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:06 AM

barbaraok wrote:

Did the security update for Monterey to both computers and on one of them all of a sudden the random selection of desktop background is gone. When I look, the file that I was using shows nothing in to - but of course you can see them in Photos. In fact, just about the only photo is one of my daughter. Other computer is just fine.

?

Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2022 8:06 AM in response to barbaraok

barbaraok wrote:

?

Change the desktop picture (background) on your Mac

Customize the desktop picture on your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 26, 2022 1:42 PM in response to barbaraok

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Aug 31, 2022 8:58 AM in response to santoscris

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to paste the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.

New update to Monterey problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.