Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac can't find update

my imac can't find update

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 10:06 AM

You have to be a little more helpful if you're asking for input. Explain what the problem is.

Think of this as calling the dealership and asking the mechanic, "My car doesn't start. What's wrong with it?"

14 replies

Aug 20, 2022 5:45 PM in response to patent1400

patent1400 wrote:

shut down and rebooted several times. Still won't load update.

Verify you qualify

Verify you have adequate free storage for the upgrade.

Direct from Apple's own CDN (swcdn) software content delivery network

From your browser copy and paste:

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/18/44/012-51693-A_2W745BUZP7/xtd63whw506llesta7af6cjvcxlyj8mxvf/InstallAssistant.pkg

MacOS 12.5.1 Full installer download  ~12.1 GB. Installing this package will add the full “Install macOS Monterey.app” to your applications folder. You can launch it from there like any other application after it is complete.

Aug 20, 2022 10:17 AM in response to patent1400

First, what update are you talking about? If it's an operating system update, then click on About and software update. The computer will load the update for you.

If it's a software program that you've downloaded, it should be in Downloads. Open the finder and make sure it's sorted in date order, then the update should be on top of the list in the Downloads folder. Right-click on it and select open.

Aug 20, 2022 11:34 AM in response to LyleFromVegas

I am set for automatic upgrade but it never happened.

Using BigSur11.6.7 When go to software update is system preferences, I get a return saying checking for updates but it never loads the update. I also tried to update to Monterey through the Apple Store thinking this would solve the problem but I ended up with the same spin saying "Checking for Updates"

Worked perfectly all on phone and MacBook Air on same connection and another Mac on a different connection.

From prior question, this may be happening with others as well

Aug 20, 2022 1:17 PM in response to Mal-S

Yes, my iMac can run the upgrade as well.

And, yes, I did go to the App Store and try to upgrade to Monterey that way and I ran into the exact same problem, a spinning message that it was searching for the upgrade and it never found it. Did not time out either. And, yes, I tried to restart as well but that did no good either.

My iMac can't find update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.