Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update iphone 6s

I am so need of assistance with my iPhone 6s. I am having difficulty with the update. I did all the steps by sync into my windows pc thru the use of itunes as stated in the apple support site. I am in the iTunes summary of my iphone on my PC windows and it only has the software update 12.5.5 update version. I thought by completing all the steps I would be able to download a more current ios update version. Does anyone know how to download a newer version update IOS onto an Iphone 6s?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 3:13 PM

If your phone is running iOS 12.5.5, it can not be an iPhone 6S, instead it has to be an iPhone 5S, 6, or 6 Plus. Neither can be updated further.

2 replies

Aug 22, 2022 3:11 PM in response to stedman1

Thank You Stedman1 🙏. Sincerely grateful for your helpful response. Apparently, My iPhone is an iPhone 6 🤦🏻‍♀️ I bought my iPhone 6, years ago when it 1st came out. I have taken great care of it. In fact, it’s in its original state nothing has broken not even the screen 😃. This is first Apple iPhone and very happy with it. Many Thank You’s to you Stedman1 for all your help.

Sincerely, TMadx

update iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.