Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor Not Responding on Launch

Compressor application Not Responding on launch for 5-10 minutes, getting spinning wait cursor then will randomly start working again. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling Compressor for App Store then restarting, still no fix. I've also tried locating the /Application Support folder for Compressor but it's not in /Library.

I am on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro 2.5 GHZ 16GB RAM, running Monterey 12.5.1 with Compressor 4.6.2.

Any help appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 7:50 AM

In addition to what Alchroma said:

Just like with FCP and Motion, it may be worth trying to delete Compressor preferences when the application is not behaving correctly. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting Compressor, and click Delete Preferences.

Also: if the problem persists, there may be other issues involving other software conflicting with Compressor. Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 7:50 AM in response to nola1282

In addition to what Alchroma said:

Just like with FCP and Motion, it may be worth trying to delete Compressor preferences when the application is not behaving correctly. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting Compressor, and click Delete Preferences.

Also: if the problem persists, there may be other issues involving other software conflicting with Compressor. Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Oct 31, 2022 8:47 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I have a very interesting situation with a 2019 Macbook, I updated to the latest version of Mac OS (Ventura 13), I have Compressor version 4.6.3, if the VPN is turned on, the compressor also does not work, constantly downloading something, I have a VPN (VPN Unlimited) , if I turn off the VPN it starts working. How can this be fixed?

Oct 31, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Tsarik

Tsarik wrote:

What does the compressor have to do with my vpn ?

No idea. But somehow your VPN is affecting Compressor (and possibly other programs).

Which program is responsible for my safety online?

You seem to believe that this is your VPN program. I am arguing that it is probably diminishing your safety, but your mac, your call.

definitely not compressor , Is it possible that this app is responsible for any of my vpn actions?

No, but something that your vpn does causes Compressor to fail.

I am not qualified to read those logs, but I am sure that there are crash logs for Compressor, and maybe someone else can see there clues as to what is happening.

Compressor Not Responding on Launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.