Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to reinstall Numbers before I can update the app in the App store

I recently installed a new hard drive. My iMac is running El Cap, and I don't have Numbers, Pages or Keynote installed on my machine. I used to have these apps, but they weren't installed with the new drive. When I go to the App Store to download Numbers, I can only select 'update' which doesn't install Numbers on my computer. Do I need to install an older version of Numbers before I can update the app in the App store?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 5:30 PM

I apparently thinks you have Numbers installed already. "Open" is what you get when that version is already downloaded. "Update" is what you get when there is an update. Are you sure there is no Numbers app hiding on your drive?

When you are in the App store and have clicked on your name and you see Numbers with "Open" next to it, there are three dots to the right of "Open". Click on those dots and one of the options is to delete the app. See if you can do that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 5:30 PM in response to 1celer

I apparently thinks you have Numbers installed already. "Open" is what you get when that version is already downloaded. "Update" is what you get when there is an update. Are you sure there is no Numbers app hiding on your drive?

When you are in the App store and have clicked on your name and you see Numbers with "Open" next to it, there are three dots to the right of "Open". Click on those dots and one of the options is to delete the app. See if you can do that.

I need to reinstall Numbers before I can update the app in the App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.