Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving a bookmark folder to the end of favorites

Hi - I've created a few folders under favorites and never worried about the order much - but I created a new one that I'd really like to go the end of favorites bar, but if I move it into a slot past the last folder it just ends up in that last folder - same with trying to put it between two existing folders: it just ends up in the folder above... I've tried searching but haven't found any solutions - any ideas?

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 12:24 PM

Try to drag the new favorite folder over the Favorites main folder (the one with a star icon on its left). The new folder should automatically jump at the end of the list.

Another option is to drag the folder between your current last folder and the second to last folder (e.g. if you have four folders – 1, 2, 3, 4 – drag it between 3 and 4) and keep the mouse cursor on the left side of the folder list. You should see a difference in the moving marker when you keep the mouse cursor on the left-outer side instead of just between the folders like this:

After that move the last folder before your new folder so that it becomes the last in the list.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 12:24 PM in response to seraukmusic

Try to drag the new favorite folder over the Favorites main folder (the one with a star icon on its left). The new folder should automatically jump at the end of the list.

Another option is to drag the folder between your current last folder and the second to last folder (e.g. if you have four folders – 1, 2, 3, 4 – drag it between 3 and 4) and keep the mouse cursor on the left side of the folder list. You should see a difference in the moving marker when you keep the mouse cursor on the left-outer side instead of just between the folders like this:

After that move the last folder before your new folder so that it becomes the last in the list.

moving a bookmark folder to the end of favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.