Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help identify malware on my iphone

I accidentally accepted an airdrop from someone I don’t know. It was an offensive pic that I got out of and I can’t find it anywhere on my SE Phone. I’m afraid it was malware. What’s the best way to test my iPhone for malware?

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 3:43 PM

If you go to "albums" and then to "recents" then it should appear there. Even if the date of the image was changed.

Because there it is ordered chronological of the date when its imported.

So but if you can't find it... I wouldn't worry too much. As I said... iPhones are pretty secure :)

But if you want to be very sure... you can wipe your entire iPhone and reset it from a backup you have.

(Note: Everything since that last Backup will be lost)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 3:43 PM in response to Ockfamily

If you go to "albums" and then to "recents" then it should appear there. Even if the date of the image was changed.

Because there it is ordered chronological of the date when its imported.

So but if you can't find it... I wouldn't worry too much. As I said... iPhones are pretty secure :)

But if you want to be very sure... you can wipe your entire iPhone and reset it from a backup you have.

(Note: Everything since that last Backup will be lost)

Help identify malware on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.