You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Account Balance Card could not be added to Wallet app

Hello, I have seen instances of family members redeeming an Apple Gift Card to their Apple Account and then want to use the account balance in an Apple Store. They should have the ability to use the Apple Account Balance Card in the Wallet app and use tap to pay, right? Well whenever we go to the Wallet app to go and add the Apple Account Balance card it tells us “Could Not Add Card”.

I have seen this three times with different people, and they all have an existing account balance, are on the latest OS, connected to Wifi + cell, and we’ve tried force resets, and reset network settings. I have seen this feature work before, plus I have the Wallet pass and used it in an Apple Store. It just seems like recently people have been unable to add this to the Wallet app to use in a store if need be.

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 4:56 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 22, 2022 11:08 PM in response to ElbowNaddaf

Hi ElbowNaddaf,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re : Apple Account Balance Card could not be added to Wallet app

Seems Apple Gift Cards / Apple Account Balance / are for purchases from Apple using your Apple ID account

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support

Credit / Debit Cards used in Wallet are used to Apple Pay / transfer money from your bank to many different merchants.

(There isn't an account.)

We are all Apple users like yourself, in this community

You might want to send feedback to Apple, so it may reach those able to make changes:

There's a webpage:

Product Feedback - Apple

All the best :-)

Apple Account Balance Card could not be added to Wallet app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.