Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 running iOS 15.6 does not pick up directions from Air Tag -- only general address of tagged item

iPhone 8 running iOS 15.6 does not provide directions for locating Air Tagged item -- only very vague, general address

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 1:36 AM

Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab. Choose the AirTag you want to locate, then tap Find . Follow the onscreen instructions and move around the space until your iPhone connects to your AirTag. Your iPhone displays the distance and direction to your AirTag.

Find your keys, wallet, and more with AirTag - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 1:36 AM in response to SJ Budi

Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab. Choose the AirTag you want to locate, then tap Find . Follow the onscreen instructions and move around the space until your iPhone connects to your AirTag. Your iPhone displays the distance and direction to your AirTag.

Find your keys, wallet, and more with AirTag - Apple Support (IN)

Aug 22, 2022 1:58 AM in response to SJ Budi

AirTags don’t have their own GPS inside them, they use Bluetooth to communicate with iPhones in the area, which then upload the data to the Find My servers. That is why you cannot get a precise location.

SravanKrA’s advice will only work if you have a newer iPhone with UWB (Ultra Wideband) capabilities, which iPhone 8 does not unfortunately support.

iPhone 8 running iOS 15.6 does not pick up directions from Air Tag -- only general address of tagged item

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.