Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

The crux of the matter is that I recently deleted my apple ID and created a new one, but the music subscription remained on the old apple ID and the money for the subscription was withheld from me. Why? I want to connect on a new apple ID, they ask money for it. How to be? Can you decide?

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2022 8:28 PM

askhat194 Said:

"Apple Music: The crux of the matter is that I recently deleted my apple ID and created a new one, but the music subscription remained on the old apple ID and the money for the subscription was withheld from me. Why? I want to connect on a new apple ID, they ask money for it. How to be? Can you decide?"

-------

Merging Apple Accounts:

Licensing is the culprit.

For Note:

Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing. So, request the Apple makes this a feature of Apple accounts.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

As an Alternative...

Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.  Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2022 8:28 PM in response to askhat194

askhat194 Said:

"Apple Music: The crux of the matter is that I recently deleted my apple ID and created a new one, but the music subscription remained on the old apple ID and the money for the subscription was withheld from me. Why? I want to connect on a new apple ID, they ask money for it. How to be? Can you decide?"

-------

Merging Apple Accounts:

Licensing is the culprit.

For Note:

Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing. So, request the Apple makes this a feature of Apple accounts.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

As an Alternative...

Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.  Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

Aug 21, 2022 9:18 PM in response to askhat194

askhat194 Said:

"Apple Music: Why did you withhold money from me? If I deleted the old Apple ID, and on the new Apple ID you require a subscription and money for music"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

No one here withheld money from you. These are just user-to-user forums. I am an everyday Apple user like yourself. So, contact Apple Support to get this fixed.

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.