You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake Airpods gen 2?

Hi

My friend wants to sell me these airpods gen 2 that he got as a gift. He says it's original, but after seeing them I'm a bit suspicious. Is there anyone who can judge it based on the uploaded pictures, or can tell me how I can find out for myself?

I will appreciate it

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 5:12 AM

1 reply

Aug 23, 2022 8:54 AM in response to TheGreenApple007

Hello TheGreenApple007,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. The best way to make sure that any AirPods you're buying are authentic is to purchase from an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Reseller. You can find locations near you using the Sales option from Find Locations - Apple.

You can also use the Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support page as a guide since you have the serial number. Keep in mind that serial numbers can be duplicated but checking the warranty coverage there can be a good start. If you are able to open the box, the guidance from Identify your AirPods - Apple Support may help as well.

All the best.

Fake Airpods gen 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.