Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 4 Touch

I have downloaded music but it appears on my ipod greyed out. In desperation I reset my ipod and went through all the suggested fixes but no luck. I still have about 12 g space available on the device and will appreciate any help!!

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 6:01 AM

I believe that Apple Music requires iOS 8.4 or higher on the device. Your 4th generation iPod Touch can only go as high as iOS 6.1.6, which suggests that you cannot use Apple Music on that model of iPod.

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 25, 2022 6:47 AM in response to carlfromlangebaan

Not from Apple Music.

However, you may be able to stream music from other (free) sources on the internet through the browser. Try it and see.

You can still use the iPod with iTunes (PC or earlier MacOS) and download music, from your iTunes Library, and sourced from your CDs or from online purchases from stores such as Amazon and Bandcamp. On later MacOS systems, you use Finder, not iTunes.

Ipod 4 Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.