Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visiting a not secured website

So recently I was looking up a restaurant website and pressed on it. But, a few seconds later I saw that the website was not secure. Will I get a virus or anything? I also updated my phone to IOS 15.6.1 a few days ago.

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 11:24 AM

You can leave it. It’s OK to visit sites that don’t show a lock symbol, as long as you don’t enter any data into the site. All the warning means is that any data you send to the site will not be encrypted. It’s fairly expensive to get a certificate for a site, so a site that is only for displaying data may not bother.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 11:24 AM in response to Acerel

You can leave it. It’s OK to visit sites that don’t show a lock symbol, as long as you don’t enter any data into the site. All the warning means is that any data you send to the site will not be encrypted. It’s fairly expensive to get a certificate for a site, so a site that is only for displaying data may not bother.

Visiting a not secured website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.