Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my iPhone 13 gets heated up during charging?

Why my iPhone 13 gets heated up during charging

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 1:39 PM

When you charge an iPhone battery or for that matter, any rechargeable battery, the mere physics of charging a battery causes it to get warm. This is due to internal resistance of the battery and heat produced is equivalent to current square by internal resistance value. This internal resistance of the battery is not physical but is in the existence due to chemical composition of the battery.

Bottom line - It is normal, expected behavior for heat to be generated when recharging your iPhone battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 1:39 PM in response to vinayak105

When you charge an iPhone battery or for that matter, any rechargeable battery, the mere physics of charging a battery causes it to get warm. This is due to internal resistance of the battery and heat produced is equivalent to current square by internal resistance value. This internal resistance of the battery is not physical but is in the existence due to chemical composition of the battery.

Bottom line - It is normal, expected behavior for heat to be generated when recharging your iPhone battery.

Why my iPhone 13 gets heated up during charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.