📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple charging for youtube premium Account

Got a mail thia morning that apple charging for youtibe premium account which i haven't subscribed for. Is this normal? Also my bank got charged.

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 5:15 PM

Apple won’t just randomly charge you for things. You or someone with access to your account must initiate the subscription for Apple to charge you. But yes, Apple can charge you for Youtube Premium if you started the subscription through the App on an Apple device.

You can view your subscriptions and cancel them if necessary by following the steps here: link-> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2022 5:15 PM in response to radha161

Apple won’t just randomly charge you for things. You or someone with access to your account must initiate the subscription for Apple to charge you. But yes, Apple can charge you for Youtube Premium if you started the subscription through the App on an Apple device.

You can view your subscriptions and cancel them if necessary by following the steps here: link-> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Aug 23, 2022 6:34 AM in response to radha161

No, you should not need to open an account to cancel anything, that fact you are being charged means you already have an account. Not sure, what you saw with Apple Music, but you need an account first before you can be subscribed to anything.

Please follow the steps in the support document I linked to above to cancel the subscription. Here it is again: link-> If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Aug 22, 2022 5:32 PM in response to Phil0124

Totally understand that some touch feature might have enabled it which i haven't done it. I checked my youtube premium account and there was no request for a renewal. But assuming i have requested it when i went to the apple music app following the cancellation link asking me to Open an account for that. Should i have to opwn an account for camcelling subscription? Will i be refunded if i open an account in apple music and camcel? Thanks for the previous reply

Apple charging for youtube premium Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.