Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I pay my account balance with another credit card ?

Can I pay my credit card with another credit card from my bank?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 1:43 PM

If you’re looking to pay off one credit balance using another card, this generally isn’t possible. Banks don’t allow you to pay your credit card balance using another credit card. Typically payments via check, electronic bank transfer or money order are the only acceptable methods of payment.

There is one loophole: A balance transfer credit card.

As previously stated, other than a balance transfer, banks simply won’t allow you to pay your credit card bill by charging it to another card. But even if they did, it would be a dangerous move to try and erase debt in one place by creating it in another. This could cause your debt load to become unmanageable and affect your credit and overall financial standing.

Banks make money when you pay interest and other fees and generally won’t allow you to pay off one card using another card from the same bank. If you’re interested in a balance transfer offer, your best bet is to shift the balance from one bank-issued card to one with a 0% APR offer from a different issuing bank.

You can get around this restriction by using the balance transfer offer as a deposit to your checking account, then using that money to pay your credit card bill.

Although a balance transfer offer can give you a leg up on paying down your existing debt, the best balance transfer offers are typically reserved for those with the best credit scores. If you’re new to credit or have a less-than-stellar credit history you might not qualify for a balance transfer card. Even those with excellent credit should be aware that every time you apply for a new line of credit, it can ding your credit score.

Eventually, that promotional interest-free period will come to an end. If you haven’t made much progress in paying off your debt, you could find yourself stuck paying an even higher ongoing interest rate. Before you transfer a balance to a new card, make sure that you’ll be able to pay it off within the 0% APR period.

If you’re looking to transfer $10,000 in debt, there’s no guarantee you’ll be approved for that amount on a new card. If you’re looking for the longest runway possible to pay down your debt, and the amount you’re approved for falls short of what you’re looking to transfer, then you’re stuck with two card balances to keep track of and make payments on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 1:43 PM in response to Desiann12

If you’re looking to pay off one credit balance using another card, this generally isn’t possible. Banks don’t allow you to pay your credit card balance using another credit card. Typically payments via check, electronic bank transfer or money order are the only acceptable methods of payment.

There is one loophole: A balance transfer credit card.

As previously stated, other than a balance transfer, banks simply won’t allow you to pay your credit card bill by charging it to another card. But even if they did, it would be a dangerous move to try and erase debt in one place by creating it in another. This could cause your debt load to become unmanageable and affect your credit and overall financial standing.

Banks make money when you pay interest and other fees and generally won’t allow you to pay off one card using another card from the same bank. If you’re interested in a balance transfer offer, your best bet is to shift the balance from one bank-issued card to one with a 0% APR offer from a different issuing bank.

You can get around this restriction by using the balance transfer offer as a deposit to your checking account, then using that money to pay your credit card bill.

Although a balance transfer offer can give you a leg up on paying down your existing debt, the best balance transfer offers are typically reserved for those with the best credit scores. If you’re new to credit or have a less-than-stellar credit history you might not qualify for a balance transfer card. Even those with excellent credit should be aware that every time you apply for a new line of credit, it can ding your credit score.

Eventually, that promotional interest-free period will come to an end. If you haven’t made much progress in paying off your debt, you could find yourself stuck paying an even higher ongoing interest rate. Before you transfer a balance to a new card, make sure that you’ll be able to pay it off within the 0% APR period.

If you’re looking to transfer $10,000 in debt, there’s no guarantee you’ll be approved for that amount on a new card. If you’re looking for the longest runway possible to pay down your debt, and the amount you’re approved for falls short of what you’re looking to transfer, then you’re stuck with two card balances to keep track of and make payments on.

Can I pay my account balance with another credit card ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.