Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy text from Essentials information

There's so much to learn, so many tips, on the third day of using my new Mac 24" (OS Monterey), I'm sure I won't remember it all … or where to find it again later on. So I wanted to copy a suggested keyboard shortcut from one of the pages in the Essentials information pop-up. But using my new mouse to click & drag didn't work … it only dragged the window. How do I copy particular text items so that I can paste them in my collection of info. I want to use later?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 6:48 AM

GridLokx wrote:

There's so much to learn, so many tips, on the third day of using my new Mac 24" (OS Monterey), I'm sure I won't remember it all … or where to find it again later on. So I wanted to copy a suggested keyboard shortcut from one of the pages in the Essentials information pop-up. But using my new mouse to click & drag didn't work … it only dragged the window. How do I copy particular text items so that I can paste them in my collection of info. I want to use later?

In app help windows are no copy.

The alternative is use google search for the same information...

Welcome to MacBook Pro Essentials - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 6:48 AM in response to GridLokx

GridLokx wrote:

In app help windows are no copy.

The alternative is use google search for the same information...

Welcome to MacBook Pro Essentials - Apple Support

How to copy text from Essentials information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.