Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has 12.5.1 broken Calendar for anyone else?

I think it started with 12.5.1 upgrade, Mac Calendar crashes on start. Tried rebooting while holding <shift> key. Didn’t help. Any ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 7:36 AM

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

Skip you tried above

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

5 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then, this appears to be a System Wide issue on the computer.

6 - If after performing each of the above steps in the order that have been presents and still have issues - please advise for possible further assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 7:36 AM in response to John Aubin1

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

Skip you tried above

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

5 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then, this appears to be a System Wide issue on the computer.

6 - If after performing each of the above steps in the order that have been presents and still have issues - please advise for possible further assistance.

Aug 23, 2022 11:55 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you very much. I logged out of my own account, and into another account I have on this machine. The calendar was not broken there. I then went back to my account, calendar still broken, restarted the machine in safe mode, ICal still broken. I trashed the app, started it again, the restarted again in safe mode, then problem went away. Thanks.

Has 12.5.1 broken Calendar for anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.