Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

older High Sierra Mac

I bought this Mac from a computer repair shop. It was a trade in. Had a busted screen. I am new to Mac and had a lot of trouble changing the name on the account. After finally getting it done I had to find the account folders which were hidden for some reason. I had to create another admin user to do it. I also moved the old account folders to the trash bin. Now, Numbers, Pages, and Keynote apps are missing on the menu bar, leaving only a "?". I can't download them now because my OS is no longer supported. The trash bin on this account is empty. I have 3 questions:

1. What is the reasoning for not being able to change your user name while you're logged into the same account?
  2. Can I get these apps some other way?
  3. Is it a good idea or worth the trouble to do the patch that allows you to update an older system to the latest version

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 8:04 AM

The method that the Computer Shop should be done Before you purchased but and yes a but that is really important before you start the below process.

You will, for your best interests, verify with the Shop if this computer was Enrolled in a Mobile Digital Management Service ( MDM )

The Serial Number of the computer, if enrolled in this service, can be effectively be invoked at any time in the future. If done remotely, that Control the Computer and not you.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 8:04 AM in response to kaintgitrite

The method that the Computer Shop should be done Before you purchased but and yes a but that is really important before you start the below process.

You will, for your best interests, verify with the Shop if this computer was Enrolled in a Mobile Digital Management Service ( MDM )

The Serial Number of the computer, if enrolled in this service, can be effectively be invoked at any time in the future. If done remotely, that Control the Computer and not you.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

older High Sierra Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.