Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are iPhone backups with iTunes stored on my PC?

When iPhone is backed up to a Windows (or other) PC, where is the backup stored and how large may the file be, relative to the storage use assessment of the iPhone presented in iTunes on the PC?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 12:10 PM

Found this for the answer:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

In windows 10/11, the backup folder with one backup can be quite large. The MobileSync folder and its contents in my case weighs in at 53.7 GB for iPhone Storage reported as 93.4 GB of 256 GB used. So a substantial part of the PC's 256 GB SSD primary drive capacity is consumed!! The support note states it is not possible to have the backup stored on another drive for direct access by the iTunes program.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 12:10 PM in response to cnfromlambertville

Found this for the answer:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

In windows 10/11, the backup folder with one backup can be quite large. The MobileSync folder and its contents in my case weighs in at 53.7 GB for iPhone Storage reported as 93.4 GB of 256 GB used. So a substantial part of the PC's 256 GB SSD primary drive capacity is consumed!! The support note states it is not possible to have the backup stored on another drive for direct access by the iTunes program.

Where are iPhone backups with iTunes stored on my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.