Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable uninstall/delete apps

I am trying to delete apps that I have installed. They all only allow me to remove from Home Screen and they still show up in my storage.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 3:15 PM

Can you delete the app from Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] and press Delete App at the bottom?

Note that not all apps can be deleted.. if you're trying to delete one of the built-in apps

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 3:15 PM in response to Slappysue

Can you delete the app from Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] and press Delete App at the bottom?

Note that not all apps can be deleted.. if you're trying to delete one of the built-in apps

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Aug 23, 2022 10:10 PM in response to Slappysue

Slappysue Said:

"Unable uninstall/delete apps: I am trying to delete apps that I have installed. They all only allow me to remove from Home Screen and they still show up in my storage."

-------

Hide the App:

See what happens when you hide the app in the App Store. Once deleted, the app would not show up in your Purchase History, until you unhide it once more.

Go here: Hide Purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

Unable uninstall/delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.