Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Securing Apple TV Device

I’m trying to make my Apple TV device as secure as possible and have been reading some other threads. I currently have Airplay off on the device as I only want to watch via apps downloaded onto the device. I have a screen time pin setup so no others can make changes in settings in the device

Is there anything else I’m missing? Are there any risks to leaving my Apple ID signed in on the device or should I sign out as I have the apps I stream already downloaded on the device?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 7:10 AM

Are there any risks to leaving my Apple ID signed in on the device or should I sign out as I have the apps I stream already downloaded on the device?

No, staying signed in is needed for a few processes (e.g. app updates - including security fixes).

Sign out for Photos, if you don’t want anyone with physical access to the device to have the ability to view your iCloud photos.

But most of all, keep the Apple TV system software up-to-date. That is how software gets improved on, including security. Apple security updates - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 7:10 AM in response to SamuraiZZ

Are there any risks to leaving my Apple ID signed in on the device or should I sign out as I have the apps I stream already downloaded on the device?

No, staying signed in is needed for a few processes (e.g. app updates - including security fixes).

Sign out for Photos, if you don’t want anyone with physical access to the device to have the ability to view your iCloud photos.

But most of all, keep the Apple TV system software up-to-date. That is how software gets improved on, including security. Apple security updates - Apple Support

Securing Apple TV Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.