Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my headphones are accessory not supported

any headphones I plug into my iPhone INCLUDING APPLE HEADPHONES are all "Accessory not Supported"

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Try force restarting your iPhone XR. Press and very quickly release the volume up button, press and very quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button for about twenty seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release the button. The timing is a little tricky, so try it a few times.

Some other things to try - If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 1:04 PM in response to illinidave

Try force restarting your iPhone XR. Press and very quickly release the volume up button, press and very quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button for about twenty seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release the button. The timing is a little tricky, so try it a few times.

Some other things to try - If you see an ‘Accessory may not be supported’ alert - Apple Support

my headphones are accessory not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.