Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music has many wrong album covers after importing itunes library

I have a pretty extensive Itunes library with tons of stuff that's been ripped from cd or vinyl, as well as stuff that's been purchased online, and it's taken years to get all the album covers right. I recently updated my old 2014 Mac Mini to a new Mini and followed instructions to move my library to the new one. It seems that all the music is there, but a good 30% or more of the album covers are wrong, sometimes the right artist wrong cover, sometimes wrong all together. Please tell me there's a way to rectify this without having to do it manually, as there are thousands of albums to be done.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:24 AM

The artwork cache in Music is stored at ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.APMArtworkAgent/Data/Documents. Delete it all and empty the trash so that Music is forced to rebuild it. Hopefully it will do a better job of reading embedded artwork or downloading from the iTunes Store.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies

Apple Music has many wrong album covers after importing itunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.