Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I download free apps?

I deleted a few apps for more space and it want let me redo it at all. It’s steady telling me to enter my credit card 😮‍💨

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 5:47 PM

Apple requires a payment method on file.

Either, log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

Or contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Messages chat with Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2022 5:47 PM in response to thasha227

Apple requires a payment method on file.

Either, log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

Or contact iTunes Support for assistance. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide   -

Apple Support schedule phone call     -

Billings and Subscriptions   -

Apple on Twitter

Messages chat with Apple

Why can’t I download free apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.