Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can apple let me downgrade

My Device: ipad pro m1 2021 11” generation 3

version: ipados 15.5

If i contact them or call them or go to them, can they do the downgrade for me from 15.5 to 14.5 or ask apple for the impossible and don’t ask for the downgrade

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 6:07 PM

3 replies

Aug 25, 2022 4:37 AM in response to Community User

Rolling-back to an earlier version of iOS/iPadOS is not possible.

All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed.

If Apps no longer work properly following update to a more recent version of the OS, you’ll need to seek assistance from the related App Developer - as only they can resolve issues with their App.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Perhaps consider that iOS/iPadOS updates include both functional and essential security updates. Restoring an earlier version of the OS would undermine the security of your device and your personal data. 

Can apple let me downgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.