Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone-12 battery health is reduce to 90% in less than year

I brought my iPhone 12 on 4th October 2021 and that time my iPhone battery health is 100% and now on 25 Aug 2022 my iPhone batter health is 90% and my usage of phone is very decent also I didn’t play any game and charge phone as per instruction help me regarding this issue please.

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:37 AM

It is not an issue. If it was 80% inside a year it would be a warranty claim but 1% loss per month is seen as normal. Have apple replace the battery in a year's time.

It’s understandable that you’d want to know more about your Battery Health. 

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge

iPhone Battery and Performance

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 12:37 AM in response to krushna296

It is not an issue. If it was 80% inside a year it would be a warranty claim but 1% loss per month is seen as normal. Have apple replace the battery in a year's time.

It’s understandable that you’d want to know more about your Battery Health. 

Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%.

A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge

iPhone Battery and Performance

iPhone-12 battery health is reduce to 90% in less than year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.