Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has something happened to make older Apple TV's not work?

I have been away from home for some months. When I left my 2 older gen Apple TVs worked fine (the thin ones). I took my newer one away with me (the fatter one).

When I got home neither of the older Apple TV would bring up the menu. They say the source is not connected.

The newer Apple TV works in all three locations with the same cable set up.

Whats happened to the 2 older ones. It would be an incredible co-incidence if both failed at home alone, with the power turned off, at the same time??

Can anyone give me any ideas?

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 1:55 AM

They say the source is not connected.

That is not known to come from the Apple TV. Could it be a TV generated message about the HDMI connection?

Try a disconnect from power, then re-connect. That should start up the Apple TV box. Is the status light glowing when you do so? (It should flash for a couple of seconds, then glow continuously.)

If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 1:55 AM in response to rayver

They say the source is not connected.

That is not known to come from the Apple TV. Could it be a TV generated message about the HDMI connection?

Try a disconnect from power, then re-connect. That should start up the Apple TV box. Is the status light glowing when you do so? (It should flash for a couple of seconds, then glow continuously.)

If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Has something happened to make older Apple TV's not work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.