Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't recipients of my shared iCloud doc links open my Numbers and Keynote files?

I just software updated to Monterey. But this issue was happening about 6 hours ago, prior to updating to Monterey.

Although I set up my documents for anyone with link can access file, nobody could open the files with the mailed link or the url itself.

It just got worse, as now, I see that all the documents that were shared in my Numbers folder no longer share. The collaboration (green) just went grey on all my files. I could actually see this happening real time. See attachments below.

Would appreciate everyone's help to figure this out. It is very problematic, as I depend on sharing with my clients.

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 2:59 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 26, 2022 9:00 AM in response to SGIII

All versions of Numbers, Keynote are latest available.

Was not able to definitively isolate the source of the problem, since I attempted several actions to resolve issue. But the iCloud Drive problems seemed to get resolved as a result:

1. Software update to Monterey from Big Sur - and the obstacle/alert of the must-need to free up 10GB of storage space required for software update. What I don't know is if nearing storage capacity was affecting my file moves to iCloud Drive, because the problems surfaced from a recent date/time. I wonder if this affected synchronization and function with existing iCloud Drive files losing the collaboration and had stopped sharing...all speculation from a not-a-tech expert.
  2. After updating software, set ups across 2 devices (MacBook Pro and iPhone X), I noticed it did not immediately solve the iCloud Drive and collaboration function issues immediately. I could however see new test file uploads to iCloud Drive were in-progress, but got stuck and showed no progress to complete upload after a several hours. Also, users still could not access files with the links they'd successfully accessed prior to the time/date of iCloud issues. Not fun, but no choice but to persevere.
  3. 8+ hours after updates, I did find that Save As a new file; and then initiated sharing with anyone who has the link worked on the files I had issues with. Users were able to join, able to access the new files using the freshly minted links.

Thank you for your added suggestion on deleting old mobile app and downloading a fresh app. I have found that is a necessary step, called out in some protocols for app resets, in order to restore 100% functional mode. That should round out all the things I can do to ensure the iCloud Drive issue is behind me.

-s

Why can't recipients of my shared iCloud doc links open my Numbers and Keynote files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.