Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out if an unauthorized device has logged into my Apple ID?

When I opened my computer a few minutes ago, a message came that someone a new iPad had been logged into my Apple ID. The only devices shown on my account are my own -- none new. How do I find out if someone else is using my Apple ID?

A couple years ago, during the Covid shutdown of many services I took my computer into the nearest Apple for service. They sent it to some other service agent who fixed the issue BUT also put in a different hard drive for some reason I've never understood. Since then every so often, there is confusion with Apple ID, some Apple Apps (especially Books, and some websites saying this computer is not recognized. So I'm wondering if that might have something to do with the "new iPad logging in" message.

How do I find out if an unauthorized user has breached my account?

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:16 AM

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

See who has access to your device or accounts

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 8:16 AM in response to stephenfromwinchester

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

See who has access to your device or accounts

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

How do I find out if an unauthorized device has logged into my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.