Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine could not create a local snapshot to back up from...what to do?

I am having this issue where the time machine has a red exclamation mark saying what I wrote above and I have a brand new empty Lacie that should absolutely fit my back up on it.

Any help id love to know what to do...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 1:37 PM

Hi,

TM first creates local snapshots on your internal drive. It's possible the reason why it cannot is that you may not have enough free storage space on your internal drive. If that's the case, it's imperative you create free space or the OS could stop working altogether. How much free space do you have available on your internal drive?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 1:37 PM in response to lareina38

Hi,

TM first creates local snapshots on your internal drive. It's possible the reason why it cannot is that you may not have enough free storage space on your internal drive. If that's the case, it's imperative you create free space or the OS could stop working altogether. How much free space do you have available on your internal drive?

Time Machine could not create a local snapshot to back up from...what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.