Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay and Siri

I seem to have a unique problem. For some reason my texts are not being read out loud while I am connected to CarPlay. The siri globe pops up, I can see I have an incoming text, the siri globe acts as though it is speaking the text, but no sound comes out. I then read the text on my phone, I hit the talk button on my steering well, told Siri to send a text, it pops up, acts as though it is listening, I speak the text I want sent, it then acts as though it is repeating the text prior to sending, but no sound comes out. I then told it to send. I checked my phone, and it did send the text I wanted sent.

So I am connected to CarPlay, phone and podcasts work fine. For some reason, quite suddenly, Siri has lost her voice. Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 12:46 PM

Hello jocelyne259,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with CarPlay and your iPhone. To help with this, please make sure you are following the steps here, including checking with your car manufacturer for possible updates for your car stereo:

"Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
Restart your iPhone and your car. 
Make sure that Siri is on.
If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information."

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If you are still having an issue after following all of these steps, please contact Apple directly for further assistance: Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 12:46 PM in response to jocelyne259

Hello jocelyne259,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having an issue with CarPlay and your iPhone. To help with this, please make sure you are following the steps here, including checking with your car manufacturer for possible updates for your car stereo:

"Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
Restart your iPhone and your car. 
Make sure that Siri is on.
If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information."

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If you are still having an issue after following all of these steps, please contact Apple directly for further assistance: Apple Support

Cheers!

CarPlay and Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.