Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound on video

I have an Apple TV 4K and just today it has stopped playing sound through tv speakers when playing video.

all the sound effects when navigating the apps work

music plays sound no problem

if I play a music video in the Music app I can see the video but no sound, however when I press the menu button the sound from the video plays even though I’m not focused on the video any more.

when I select the video as full screen the sound stops

my hardware configuration has not changed for the last 2 years and has worked fine every night until today.

i have restarted AND unplugged the Apple TV to no avail

interestingly, it plays fine on other sources except tv speakers.

The box is connected to TV via HDMI. same cable for last 2 years

please help

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:10 AM

Fixed!

although my SONOS Soundbar does not support Dolby Atmos, I selected the Sound settings in my Samsung TV menu, selected Expert settings and enabled Dolby Atmos support. I now have full sound again.

hope this helps everyone.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 25, 2022 10:01 PM in response to Rosseroony

I’m having the exact same problem. System sounds (clicks, start up) are fine. After pausing a Hulu show tonight, I now have no video sound. The same is true for Netflix and other apps as well as Hulu live TV. The video image is fine. I run my audio through the TV to a SONOS TV Playbar.

I did receive notification earlier this evening that Apple TV had completed a system update.

no sound on video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.