Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id

If my daughter is sharing my Apple ID and getting my pictures and call logs etc instead of her getting her own apple

id couldn’t I just change mine instead

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:29 PM

One of you should have a new Apple ID, yes.

See Apple's Apple ID FAQ where they are quite clear that Your Apple ID should not be shared with anyone else. It provides access to personal information including contacts, photos, device backups, and more. Sharing your Apple ID with someone else means you are giving them access to all your personal content and may lead to confusion over who actually owns the account. To share purchases, photos, a calendar, and more with someone else, try Family SharingiCloud Photo Sharing, or other easy-to-use sharing features.

Create a new Apple ID for you daughter and leave your account as it is. See How to create a new Apple ID or if she is under 13 read Create an Apple ID for your child.

If you want to copy over some of the data she uses in your account, perhaps the Contacts app data for example, read Eric Root's most excellent post in this discussion for tips on how to achieve this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 9:29 PM in response to TroyMeg

One of you should have a new Apple ID, yes.

See Apple's Apple ID FAQ where they are quite clear that Your Apple ID should not be shared with anyone else. It provides access to personal information including contacts, photos, device backups, and more. Sharing your Apple ID with someone else means you are giving them access to all your personal content and may lead to confusion over who actually owns the account. To share purchases, photos, a calendar, and more with someone else, try Family SharingiCloud Photo Sharing, or other easy-to-use sharing features.

Create a new Apple ID for you daughter and leave your account as it is. See How to create a new Apple ID or if she is under 13 read Create an Apple ID for your child.

If you want to copy over some of the data she uses in your account, perhaps the Contacts app data for example, read Eric Root's most excellent post in this discussion for tips on how to achieve this.

Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.