Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade macOS thought proxy

Hello,

I have a problem because in my organization. We are working on automatic proxy detection and we are not able to upgrade macOS to a higher version via proxy. I am getting scanning information, then the Mac Software is up to date - macOS Monterey 12.5.

We have open traffic for *.apple.com; updates-http.cdn-apple.com; updates.cdn-apple.com; appleid.cdn-apple.com.

My concern is that updates via proxy are not supported by Apple. Have any of you encountered the above problem? Do you have a reasonable solution for this?

Best Wishes

Greg

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:06 AM

Every IT department I've worked with handled updates and did not allow individuals to do so. Reason was management wanted every employee to be on the same version for compatibility reasons and to control the process on company property. It also allowed the company to vet the upgrades/updates for possible conflicts with custom software.

I suggest you speak with your IT department and get their take on you doing this.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 7:06 AM in response to greg00r1994

Every IT department I've worked with handled updates and did not allow individuals to do so. Reason was management wanted every employee to be on the same version for compatibility reasons and to control the process on company property. It also allowed the company to vet the upgrades/updates for possible conflicts with custom software.

I suggest you speak with your IT department and get their take on you doing this.

Aug 28, 2022 11:33 PM in response to ku4hx

Forgive me, but this is not the answer to my question. I was more referring to whether from experience anyone knows if updates straight from apple base support proxies, since everything was opened correctly with this documentation:

Use Apple products on enterprise networks - Apple Support

Still, unplugging from the company VPN and disabling proxy settings leads us to find updates for the station.

Regards

upgrade macOS thought proxy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.