Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cancel the extra storage I paid monthly on my old iPhone 6. I just upgraded to iPhone 14

How do I cancel the extra storage I paid monthly on my old iPhone 6. I just upgraded to iPhone 13

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 3:22 AM

Firstly, to be sure you're asking the right question, the storage you purchased was a subscription to Apple's iCloud+ and not to increase the capacity of your device.

iCloud storage is access to 50GB, 200GB or 2TB of space on Apple's servers for you to house data for your iCloud account. You cannot increase the capacity of your device. Apple explain the difference in What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

If you wish to cancel your iCloud+ storage plan you can cancel it by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See how to do this in Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 3:22 AM in response to Rmooney121

Firstly, to be sure you're asking the right question, the storage you purchased was a subscription to Apple's iCloud+ and not to increase the capacity of your device.

iCloud storage is access to 50GB, 200GB or 2TB of space on Apple's servers for you to house data for your iCloud account. You cannot increase the capacity of your device. Apple explain the difference in What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

If you wish to cancel your iCloud+ storage plan you can cancel it by downgrading to the free 5GB plan. See how to do this in Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan.

How do I cancel the extra storage I paid monthly on my old iPhone 6. I just upgraded to iPhone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.