Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Shuffle Maximum Count

Hi folks!

I'd like to ask a question, is there any limitation on the maximum number of songs the Music app adds to the playlist when using Shuffle mode?

I explain the scenario:

I have a playlist with more than 200 songs, when I click on Shuffle to start playing, no more than 21 songs are being placed to be played, when I click on Shuffle again, it generates a new random order, but only 21 new songs.

Is there an option where I can tell Shuffle mode to consider the entire playlist instead of just 21 songs?

Thanks for everyone's help

🙃

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 12:52 PM

If you're talking about the Playing Next list this seems to be limited to displaying up to 20 upcoming items, but as the list is placed you should the top item leaves the list and a new random item joins below. If you don't have repeat selected then all available songs that are not unchecked nor have skip when shuffling selected should play, once and once only, in a random order, and then playback should stop.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 12:52 PM in response to _maclacerda

If you're talking about the Playing Next list this seems to be limited to displaying up to 20 upcoming items, but as the list is placed you should the top item leaves the list and a new random item joins below. If you don't have repeat selected then all available songs that are not unchecked nor have skip when shuffling selected should play, once and once only, in a random order, and then playback should stop.

tt2

Apple Music Shuffle Maximum Count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.