Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering becomes slow

Hi, I have just started editing footage in Adobe Premier Pro for the first time on my new Studio, booting up from cold and rendering 30 seconds of text effects, the Studio starts off like a rocket and renders in a few minutes...fantastic! Then I add a second text effect and re-render and it slows like a snail taking 45 minutes to render 15 seconds of extra footage. I'm sure this should not happen.

I have removed my external timemachine drive, I don't have an anti-virus or extra software running in the background. This is not the performance I expected after spending £3,200. It seems to be running no better than my previous 2019 27" iMac i5 3.7ghz with 16Gb of ram.

Any advice or things to try are very welcome.

Grant M

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 10:24 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 29, 2022 2:02 PM in response to thehifimechanik

Sometimes, we as the user that were logged into can be a issue.

Try creating a new user; test

then login as user test and try the same steps as the other user.

This will isolate if it’s your user account that’s causing the problem.

PS; regarding activity monitor, click on tab memory and report back.

There should be little “swap”, if there’s a lot this could be a sign of not enough of “ram memory” the system has installed.

Swapping memory out from ram to the hard drive is one of the slowest operations the system can do.

The system does swapping when the application runs out of local on board ram memory, and has to swap a block/s from ram back to the hard disk to free up needed space.

Once cleared, It then must load data from hard disk memory to onboard local Ram memory.

The swap number reported by activity mon is based on;

• how long system has been up and running.
  • It also depends on the number of applications you have concurrently running.
  • I typically run a system with the app that the user is experiencing issues with for a couple hours or more then check swap number reported. Numbers > 500\1000 could be an indicator you could benefit from adding more local ram.

There are other reasons that can contribute to your condition, but I’m hopeful this may shed light on it.

Best of Days to you All

Rendering becomes slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.