Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID and home button not working

Hello there. suddenly "home button" and "touch id" stopped working. After 1-2 days it started working again, but now it stopped again. then i formatted the phone and it worked for a day and then it stopped working again. both touch id and home button are not working. every time i format it both works for 10-15 minutes. then it stops working. I am using ios 15.4.1 is this a known issue?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 12:08 PM

9 replies

Aug 28, 2022 3:26 PM in response to ömer25

ömer25 wrote: "battery capacity %100 and I think it is not original battery.."

ömer ~ If you didn't buy the iPhone from a reputable source, the battery is probably fake – one of the characteristics being its capacity is at 100% permanently. And a fake battery could be the cause of the Touch ID & Home button problems.

About genuine iPhone batteries

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Aug 28, 2022 3:50 PM in response to ömer25

ömer25 wrote: So it is not a software problem am i right?

It appears that you are right. (Otherwise there would be many more users here with the same problem.)

Then i do not any software update just appointment to repair service.

Correct. But bear in mind that Apple may regard your device as having been tampered with – and refuse to service it.

õ¿õ¬

Touch ID and home button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.