Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac doesnt start. Tried the utility. Still shuts off when starting. Help.

My Mac doesn't start.

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 4:49 AM

If your Mac doesn't seem to turn on after you press the power button, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that your Mac is connected to AC power. If it doesn't have a built-in display, make sure that your external display is connected to power, connected to your Mac, and turned on.
  2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
  3. Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
  4. If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
  5. If your Mac now turns on but stops at some other screen during startup, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn't start up all the way.

If your Mac still doesn't turn on, please contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 4:49 AM in response to Owlscout

If your Mac doesn't seem to turn on after you press the power button, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that your Mac is connected to AC power. If it doesn't have a built-in display, make sure that your external display is connected to power, connected to your Mac, and turned on.
  2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
  3. Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
  4. If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
  5. If your Mac now turns on but stops at some other screen during startup, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn't start up all the way.

If your Mac still doesn't turn on, please contact Apple Support.

Aug 27, 2022 12:12 AM in response to Owlscout

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

My Mac doesnt start. Tried the utility. Still shuts off when starting. Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.